- Username: dunaway
- Role: Producer/Reporter: Independent
- Day: 505-345-0185
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Pieces from David Dunaway
Program I: Route 66 Forever
Across the Tracks: A Route 66 Story chronicles the history and peoples of America’s most famous and best-loved road. Produced by David Dunaway and hosted by Martin Milner, ...
From: David Dunaway
Program I: Origins
Program I: Origins How did a Harvard-educated boy become a radical, hitchhiking, banjo-playing, political activist? Program I explores Seeger’s youth and America’s folk ...
From: David Dunaway
For decades, I've documented the work of Pete Seeger, resulting in How Can I Keep From Singing? The Ballad of Pete Seeger, published by McGraw Hill in 1981 and revised, updated, and republished by Villard/Random House, 2008.
Having written ten volumes of history and biography, my specialty is the presentation of folklore, literature, and history via broadcasting. I've been active in radio since 1972, but over the last dozen years I've been Executive Producer of award-winning national radio series for Public Radio International, including “Writing the Southwest” (1995); “Aldous Huxley's Brave New Worlds” (1998); “Across the Tracks: A Route 66 Story” (2001); and Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing? (2008).I have produced for Radio New Zealand, Danish Radio, & BBC World Service. I'm currently a DJ for KUNM-FM and a professor at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.My Groups:
AvailabilityDavid is currently available for new projects, has a car, and is available to travel Internationally.
- Field Recording
- Voice Talent
- Broadcast Education
- Documentary Production
- Tape Syncs
Languages I Speak
Previously Aired OnPRI, Pacifica, NPR
University of California-Berkeley, PhD - American Studies, (Literature, History, Media Studies), 1981
University of California-Berkeley, M.A.T. - Comparative Literature, English (+ Community College Credential), 1972
University of Wisconsin, B.A. (cum laude) - Comparative Literature, 1970
- BEA Best Documentary, For "Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?", 2009
- BEA Best of Festival, Audio Competition, For "Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?", 2009
- BEA Best Documentary,, For "Across the Tracks: A Route 66 Story", 2003
- Crystal Award, For "Across the Tracks: A Route 66 Story", 2003
- Silver Reel, For "Across the Tracks: A Route 66 Story", 2003
- BEA Best Documentary, For "Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World", 1999