How does the Soundbank curator make her picks?
Fundraising Soundbank Evaluation Criteria
No Ouija board. No dart board. We listen to all the fundraising pieces on PRX. And then evaluate which ones get highlighted. Here are some of the considerations:Production Elements
- Production quality is high
- Sound is consistent with public radio
- Creative idea / writing
- Appropriate pacing
- Uses the medium of radio well
- Uses basic fundraising principles
- Has clear purpose
- Contains a focused message
- Facilitates the giving process
- Makes the case for giving and/or closes effectively
In the written review, please suggest tips for usage, when appropriate. And, if the piece has been licensed or has received positive comments from your public radio peers—that’s a big plus!