How to Get Sound Opinions
Stations must pay an annual fee for Sound Opinions in order to have access to the program. Stations cannot use PRX points to access Sound Opinions.
To get signed up to air the show, or if you have questions about distribution, fees or anything else concerning Sound Opinions carriage, contact Steve Martin at steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com.
- You will be billed at the end of each quarter.
- Access to Sound Opinions will be through PRX only.
- Unlike APM, you only pay ONE FEE to PRX for access for the year.
- If you have a PRX station account now, we will not use PRX points for Sound Opinions. The show will be billed on a cash basis.
Want to get a sense of your fees? Here is our general fee structure for Sound Opinions for 2012/2013:
|TSR||FY 2012 Program Fee|
|Above 5 Mil||$7,513|
|2.5 – 4.9 Mil||$6,010|
|1 – 2.49||$4,758|
|600,000 – 999,000||$3,506|
Sound Opinions is available for weekly automated delivery to your automation system via PRX’s SubAuto. We will work with you to set this up when you subscribe to Sound Opinions.
If you need to manually download the show for some reason:
- Head to prx.org/soundopinions.
- Click on “Click here for the latest show”.
- Click “Get audio” in the blue bubble. Please note you will not see this button unless you have been approved to air the program.
If you have trouble with these steps, please let us know.
If you have questions about carriage fees or distribution, contact Steve Martin at steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com.
Production: Robin Linn at Sound Opinions | robin [at] soundopinions (dot) org
Distribution and fees: Steve Martin | steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com or John Barth at PRX | john [at] prx (dot) org
Using PRX: PRX help desk