How to Get Sound Opinions
Stations must pay an annual fee for Sound Opinions in order to have access to the program. Stations cannot use PRX points to access Sound Opinions.
To get signed up to air the show, or if you have questions about distribution, fees or anything else concerning Sound Opinions carriage, contact Steve Martin at steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com.
- You will be billed at the end of each quarter.
- Access to Sound Opinions will be through both PRX and ContentDepot.
- Unlike APM, you only pay ONE FEE to PRX for access for the year.
- If you have a PRX station account now, we will not use PRX points for Sound Opinions. The show will be billed on a cash basis.
Want to get a sense of your fees? Here is our general fee structure for Sound Opinions for 2012/2013:
|TSR||FY 2012 Program Fee|
|Above 5 Mil||$7,513|
|2.5 – 4.9 Mil||$6,010|
|1 – 2.49||$4,758|
|600,000 – 999,000||$3,506|
We will be using a private network on PRX to distribute Sound Opinions. The Sound Opinions network is only accessible to those stations permitted entry.
We will make sure that each station that has been carrying Sound Opinions is entered in the PRX networks area.
To find the show’s episodes on PRX:
- Head to prx.org/soundopions.
- Click on “Click here for the latest show (Added every Thursday)” or “Click here for the coming week’s promo (Added every Thursday)”.
- From the following series page, click the title of the episode you want to buy, then click “Buy this Piece” on the right in the blue bubble. (You’re not being charged again; “buy” is just the term used on the site for licensing.)
- Download the MP3 or MP2 files on the page confirming that you have bought the piece.
If you have trouble with these steps, please let us know right away via prxhelp [at] prx (dot) org.
Before you can subscribe to Sound Opinions on ContentDepot, you’ll need to work out a fee agreement with Steve Martin. If you haven’t done that yet, contact steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com.
Sound Opinions has a new title on ContentDepot: Sound Opinions from PRX
You’ll also need to subscribe to a separate Sound Opinions promos page. It has a new title, too: Sound Opinions ON-AIR PROMOS from PRX
- CUTID79442 | SoundO9__001_SGMT01
- CUTID79443 | SoundO9__001_SGMT02
- CUTID79444 | SoundO9__001_SGMT03
- CUTID79445 | SoundO9__001_SGMT04
- CUTID79446 | SoundO9__001_SGMT05
- CUTID79447 | SoundO9__001_SGMT06
- CUTID79448 | SoundO9__001_SGMT07
- CUTID79467 | SoundO10_001_SGMT01
- CUTID79468 | SoundO10_001_SGMT02
- CUTID79469 | SoundO10_001_SGMT03
- CUTID79470 | SoundO10_001_SGMT04
- CUTID79471 | SoundO10_001_SGMT05
- CUTID79472 | SoundO10_001_SGMT06
- CUTID79473 | SoundO10_001_SGMT07
- CUTID79474 | SoundO10_001_SGMT08
- CUTID79475 | SoundO10_001_SGMT09
B). Sound Opinions PROMO Cut ID #s and file names. (Most of the time Sound Opinions only uses the first two; we have reserved more in case we need them.)
If you have questions about getting Sound Opinions from ContentDepot, contact the PRX help desk.
If you have questions about carriage fees or distribution, contact Steve Martin at steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com.
Production: Robin Linn at Sound Opinions | robin [at] soundopinions (dot) org
Distribution and fees: Steve Martin | steve [at] sfmconsulting [dot] com or John Barth at PRX | john [at] prx (dot) org
Using ContentDepot and PRX: PRX help desk