What is PRX Remix?
PRX Remix is for people who love to listen to great stories.
We handpick the best short works from shows like The Moth, 99% Invisible, and Snap Judgment, from independent radio makers on PRX.org, and from podcasters everywhere. Then we mix it up for you in a never-ending stream.
Lots of what’s on PRX Remix isn’t aired anywhere else.
How do I listen?
- On the PRX Remix app for iPhone and Android
- At PRX.mx
- Streaming 24/7 on XM channel 123
- PRX Remix airs on these stations:
- WGBH 89.7 FM, Boston, Mass. (12-5 a.m. Sun.-Thu.)
- WBUR 90.9 FM, Boston, Mass. (1-3 a.m. Mon.-Fri., 12-3 a.m. Sat., 3-5 a.m. Sun.)
- KUT 90.5 FM, Austin, TX. (11 p.m.-2 a.m. Fri.-Sat., 1-3 a.m. Mon.)
- RIPR 88.1 FM, Providence, Rhode Island (6 a.m. Sat., 8 a.m. Sun.)
- WFAE 90.7, Charlotte, NC
- WVXU HD 91.7, Cincinnati, Ohio
- KCPW 88.3 FM, Salt Lake City, Utah (9-midnight Mon.-Fri.)
- NIPR HD 89.1 (WBOI), Northeast, Ind.
- WOUB 1340 AM, Athens, Ohio (6-9 a.m. Mon.-Fri.)
- KUOW HD-2, Seattle, Wash. (Mon.–Fri. midnight–4 a.m. and Sat.-Sun. midnight-7 a.m.)
- KPBZ 90.3 FM, Spokane Public Radio, Wash. (24/7)
- WREM 88.7 FM, North Country Public Radio, Canton, N.Y. (24/7)
- Northeast Indiana Public Radio 89.1-HD3, Fort Wayne, Ind. (24/7)
- KALW 91.7 FM, San Francisco, Calif. (Overnights Saturday)
- WFPL 89.3 FM Louisville Public Radio, Ky. (Sunday Nights)
- KLCC HD, Eugene, Ore. (24/7)
- WRVO-REMIX (WRVO-2) HD, Oswego, N.Y. (24/7)
- WTJU 91.1 FM, Charlottesville, Va. (3-5 a.m. Mon.-Fri.)
- The Public Radio Player iPhone app
- iTunes > Radio > News/Talk
- Embed PRX Remix on your site:
Who curates Remix?
Roman Mars is the host and program director of PRX Remix. He is also the creator of 99% Invisible, a short radio show about design and architecture. With nearly 10 million downloads, the 99% Invisible podcast recently reached #2 in the iTunes rankings for all podcasts as well as #1 in both the Arts and the Design categories. The 2012 season three fundraising campaign for 99% Invisible became the highest-funded journalism project in Kickstarter history. Fast Company named Roman one of the 100 Most Creative People in Business in 2013.
Erika Lantz hunts and gathers audio gems as the assistant producer of PRX Remix. She also freelances as a radio and multimedia producer in Boston, most often at WBUR, Boston's NPR news station.