What is PRX Remix?
PRX Remix is for people who love to listen to great stories.
We handpick the best short works from shows like The Moth, 99% Invisible, and Snap Judgment, from independent radio makers on PRX.org, and from podcasters everywhere. Then we mix it up for you in a never-ending stream.
Lots of what’s on PRX Remix isn’t aired anywhere else.
How do I listen?
- On the PRX Remix app for iPhone and Android
- At PRX.mx
- Streaming 24/7 on XM channel 123
- PRX Remix airs on these stations:
- WGBH 89.7 FM, Boston, Mass. (12-5 a.m. Sun.-Thu.)
- KUT 90.5 FM, Austin, TX. (11 p.m.-2 a.m. Fri.-Sat., 1-3 a.m. Mon.)
- RIPR 88.1 FM, Providence, Rhode Island (6 a.m. Sat., 8 a.m. Sun.)
- WFAE 90.7, Charlotte, NC
- WVXU HD 91.7, Cincinnati, Ohio
- KCPW 88.3 FM, Salt Lake City, Utah (9-midnight Mon.-Fri.)
- NIPR HD 89.1 (WBOI), Northeast, Ind.
- WOUB 1340 AM, Athens, Ohio (6-9 a.m. Mon.-Fri.)
- KUOW HD-2, Seattle, Wash. (Mon.–Fri. midnight–4 a.m. and Sat.-Sun. midnight-7 a.m.)
- KPBZ 90.3 FM, Spokane Public Radio, Wash. (24/7)
- WREM 88.7 FM, North Country Public Radio, Canton, N.Y. (24/7)
- Northeast Indiana Public Radio 89.1-HD3, Fort Wayne, Ind. (24/7)
- KALW 91.7 FM, San Francisco, Calif. (Overnights Saturday)
- WUIS 91.9 FM NPR Illinois (Sat. at 8 p.m.)
- WFPL 89.3 FM Louisville Public Radio, Ky. (Sunday Nights)
- KLCC HD, Eugene, Ore. (24/7)
- WRVO-REMIX (WRVO-2) HD, Oswego, N.Y. (24/7)
- WTJU 91.1 FM, Charlottesville, Va. (3-5 a.m. Mon.-Fri.)
- KUVO 89.3, Denver, CO. (Mon.-Fri. TBA, Saturday 7pm, and Sunday 1pm Mountain Time)
- The Public Radio Player iPhone app
- iTunes > Radio > News/Talk
- Embed PRX Remix on your site:
Who curates Remix?
Josh Swartzhunts and gathers audio gems for PRX Remix. He is a graduate of the radio-intensive Transom Story Workshop and holds a BA in film and sociology from Middlebury College. His work has been featured on NCPR and WCAI.
Roman Mars is the creator of 99% Invisible, a short radio show about design and architecture. With nearly 10 million downloads, the 99% Invisible podcast recently reached #2 in the iTunes rankings for all podcasts as well as #1 in both the Arts and the Design categories. The 2012 season three fundraising campaign for 99% Invisible became the highest-funded journalism project in Kickstarter history. Fast Company named Roman one of the 100 Most Creative People in Business in 2013.