What is PRX Remix?
PRX Remix is for people who love to listen to great stories.
We handpick the best short works from shows like The Moth, 99% Invisible, and Snap Judgment, from independent radio makers on PRX.org, and from podcasters everywhere. Then we mix it up for you in a never-ending stream.
Lots of what’s on PRX Remix isn’t aired anywhere else.
How do I listen?
- On the PRX Remix app for iPhone and Android
- At PRX.mx
- Streaming 24/7 on XM channel 123
- PRX Remix airs on these stations:
- WGBH 89.7 FM, Boston, MA (Monday through Friday 12-5am EST)
- KUT 90.5 FM, Austin, TX. (Saturday and Sunday night 11pm-1am CST)
- RIPR 88.1 FM, Providence, RI (6am Saturday, 8pm Sunday EST)
- WFAE 90.7, Charlotte, NC (Saturday 9pm-Midnight EST)
- WVXU 91.7 HD-2, Cincinnati, OH (24/7)
- KCPW 88.3 FM, Salt Lake City, UT (Monday through Friday 9pm-Midnight)
- WOUB 1340 AM, Athens, Ohio (Monday through Friday 6-9am EST)
- KUOW HD-2, Seattle, WA (Sunday through Thursday nights 11pm-5am, Friday and Saturday nights 11pm-7am PST)
- KPBZ 90.3 FM, Spokane Public Radio, Spokane, WA (24/7)
- WREM 88.7 FM, North Country Public Radio, Canton, NY (24/7)
- KALW 91.7 FM, San Francisco, CA (Sunday, Midnight-5am PST)
- WUIS 91.9 FM, Illinois Public Radio (Saturday 8pm CST)
- WFPL 89.3 FM Louisville, KY (Sunday 9pm EST)
- WRVO-REMIX (WRVO-2) HD, Oswego, NY (24/7)
- WTJU 91.1 FM, Charlottesville, VA (Monday through Friday 3-5am EST)
- KUVO 89.3 HD-2, Denver, CO (Monday through Friday 11pm-Midnight, Saturday 7pm, and Sunday 1pm MST)
- WCAI 91.1 FM, The Cape and Islands, MA (Sunday nights on Arts and Ideas at 8, 9, or 10pm )
- The Public Radio Player iPhone app
- iTunes > Radio > News/Talk
- Embed PRX Remix on your site:
Who curates Remix?
Josh Swartzhunts and gathers audio gems for PRX Remix. He is also the host and producer of the podcast Bandwagon, a show following the followers of a different cultural movement each season (currently the Bernie Sanders campaign). Josh graduated from the radio-intensive Transom Story Workshop and holds a BA in film and sociology from Middlebury College.
Roman Mars is the creator of 99% Invisible, a short radio show about design and architecture. With nearly 10 million downloads, the 99% Invisible podcast recently reached #2 in the iTunes rankings for all podcasts as well as #1 in both the Arts and the Design categories. The 2012 season three fundraising campaign for 99% Invisible became the highest-funded journalism project in Kickstarter history. Fast Company named Roman one of the 100 Most Creative People in Business in 2013.