The 2nd quarter of the soundtrack to your soul was a busy one! We shared the words and music of nine artists talking about everything in their lives and the multiple facets of their musical careers to date. This sequel to edition 28 makes a spectacular conclusion to the first part with six of those artists namely; Terrence,Brewer, Alphonse Mouzon, Art Stewart & Jimmy Sterling, Oscar Hernandez, Pete Escovedo and Al Jarreau in " 2 cuts and a clip "
Listen out for the original full length versions of the ultimate mellow moment from Donna Summer plus original works from Rufus & Chaka Khan and Kool & The Gang doing the live rendition of "Summer madness"
A Few Words About Steve Edwards .......
It was December 1999 when Steve Edwards landed on Las Vegas soil with one intention in mind– to invade American radio with his infectious tones and personality that welcomes everyone to the party.
His radio career kicked off whilst reading for his Human Biology degree. Then immediately upon graduation he entered the “underground” world of Pirate Radio. Steve escaped wearing the patch but didn’t get shipwrecked!! (not straightaway). A rebel with a cause, his drive to promote good music other than the top 40 became his mantra to specialize in all formats musical!
When the Pirate ship finally sunk, Steve’s vision was pursued (legally) with a 3 year stint at London’s only Jazz station, Jazz FM. Then came every DJ`s ultimate calling… The BBC!
It was his rise to the top as the National host of the Steve Edwards Soul Show where he interviewed everyone from Janet Jackson to Andy Summers of The Police. He also appeared on a variety of guest spots across “The Beeb” including Rock, Top 40 and Alternative music shows.
The journey continued with Steve taking the helm at a local London radio station as Music Director and Assistant PD. The contract was for one year and the time was ripe for Steve to realize a long time dream of working on American Radio.
That was twelve years ago and as a Las Vegas resident Steve has scored on- air/producer gigs with corporate radio giants like CBS Radio, Clear Channel and the Desert Sky Media Group.
Spinning from his personal collection, listeners will be able to stream live, kick back and enjoy the best of the new releases, classic cuts, exclusives and get a direct introduction to the core artists that have significantly shaped the contemporary Soul, Funk and Jazz music scene. Check out "This week On the Soul Show" weekly news letter(s) for a sneak preview of what’s coming up!
It’s the" soundtrack to your Soul showcasing part two of two in the mini series of "2 cuts and a clip" from our special guest artists over the 2nd quarter for edition 29.
"Shabooyah,Peace and Soul" Roll-Call is at your place!
Notes for programmers
· Accessible specialist (soul and jazz)music programming for target demographic of all adults 25+
· Suggested time slots for weekdays-: Middays, evenings and overnights, and for weekends-: morningdrive, midday’s, evenings, overnights and variety weekend programming slots that have little or no ratings activity. Use this show to build an audience by running the whole series!
· Weekly features designed to build grow and establish audience listenership base e.g. Mellow Moments-(Love songs), 60 minutes live! (live concert radio)
· Underwriting, event and sponsorship opportunities
· Complete show is produced into three 54 or 59 minute segments. (edited to your clock by request)
· Exclusive artist interviews live in studio or live by remote (ISDN), Skype and phone.
· Inclusion in ‘This week on the Soul Show’ newsletter
New content themes every week plus regular features; the show is numbered in sequence for each edition of the series. The shows can run as independent segments or a full length 2 hour program and/or a 3 hour special!