Rabbi Sunny Schnitzer and members of his Maryland-based congregation visited seven provinces in Cuba to worship, teach, and pray with the Jews of Cuba. Since the Cuban Revolution of 1959, the Jewish population in Cuba has dwindled from approximately 15,000 to only 1,500 today. To get there, they had to hurdle politics, language, and their own apprehension, but they did not have to convince the population. They requested help in the restoration of their heritage and the provision of prayer materials. While there, the Bethesda Congregants taught songs, prayers, delivered tri-lingual prayer books and helped construct cemetaries and the first building designed for Jewish use in over forty years.