How to Get American Routes
American Routes is available to stations on both PRX and ContentDepot.
Instructions are below.
Before you can subscribe to American Routes on ContentDepot or PRX, your station must have completed a carriage fee agreement. To do so, or if you have questions about carriage fees for American Routes, please contact Ken Mills at publicradio [at] hotmail (dot) com.
We're using a private area on PRX called Networks to distribute American Routes. Networks is only accessible to those stations permitted entry. To get access, contact Ken Mills at publicradio [at] hotmail (dot) com.
We will add all stations that have been carrying American Routes prior to 7/1/11 to the PRX Networks area.
To make sure you have access to Networks, and to get the pieces weekly, follow these steps:
- Log into PRX.
- Go to MY PRX near the top-right of any page on PRX.
- Select your station account from the Choose Account drop-down menu on the upper right.
- Choose Manage Networks at the bottom of the page.
- You should see a Networks area for American Routes. Episodes will be posted here in date order (newest listed first) each week.
- To download an episode, click on the episode title. On the episode's piece page, click "Buy this piece for [station call letters]." ("Buy" is the term used for the download transaction on PRX. If you've gotten this far, you've already paid your carriage fees and will not be charged an additional fee at this point.)
You can also access the latest American Routes pieces from prx.org/americanroutes or by putting "american routes" into the search box at the top of the screen.
If you have trouble with these steps, please let us know right away via prxhelp [at] prx (dot) org with the subject line American Routes PRX Networks.
American Routes on ContentDepot
Before you can subscribe to American Routes on ContentDepot, your station must have completed a carriage fee agreement with Ken Mills at publicradio [at] hotmail (dot) com.
Weekly Program Rundowns will be delivered to all subscribing stations as an email attachment via ContentDepot's Mail service. Please make sure your email address is listed under your station’s account by going to: Mail > Preferences on ContentDepot.
⇒If you get a message on ContentDepot that says contact American Routes, please contact Ken Mills at publicradio [at] hotmail (dot) com, or Kaori Maeyama 504-862-3668 or kaori (at) amroutes (dot) org. ⇐
Subscribing to American Routes on ContentDepot
Once you are approved, please do the following:
- CUTID82092 | Americ26_001_SGMT01
- CUTID82093 | Americ26_001_SGMT02
- CUTID82094 | Americ26_001_SGMT03
- CUTID82095 | Americ26_001_SGMT04
- CUTID82096 | Americ26_001_SGMT05
- CUTID82097 | Americ26_001_SGMT06
- CUTID82098 | Americ26_001_SGMT07
- CUTID82099 | Americ26_001_SGMT08
- CUTID82100 | Americ26_001_SGMT09
- CUTID82101 | Americ26_001_SGMT10
- CUTID82102 | Americ26_001_SGMT11
- CUTID82109 | Americ27_001_SGMT01
B). Change the American Routes PROMO Cut ID # and file name. There is one segment for the promo each week:
Ken Mills Agency, LLC is managing carriage fee transactions for American Routes. Invoices will be sent to stations each quarter unless other arrangements are requested. Here is the contact info:
Ken Mills Agency, LLC
PO Box 27511
Minneapolis, MN 55427
publicradio (at) hotmail (dot) com
- Stations who carried American Routes prior to July 1, 2011 will be charged the same carriage fee they paid to APM in FY 2011.
- New stations carrying American Routes after July 1, 2011 will be charged carriage fees determined by the size and rank of a station’s metro radio market as defined by Arbitron according to this schedule:
|Arbitron Markets||Cost Per Year||Cost Per Quarter|
|1 – 25||$4,000||$1,000|
|26 – 99||$3,000||$750|
|Markets Not Rated||$1,000||$250|
The current list of Arbitron Radio Markets is available here.
QUESTIONS ABOUT AMERICAN ROUTES ON CONTENTDEPOT, CUSTOM PROMOS, RUNDOWNS:
Kaori Maeyama at American Routes | kaori [at] amroutes (dot) org
QUESTIONS ABOUT STATION RELATIONS, CARRIAGE FEES:
Ken Mills | publicradio [at] hotmail (dot) com
QUESTIONS ABOUT PRX:
prxhelp [at] prx (dot) org or 617 576 5455 x300